In this episode I recap what I’ve called ‘series 2’. The last eight interviews with some great people who use applied improvisation (improv, impro…that particular way of thinking and responding, and using mental agility). Beginning with Paul Z. Jackson and culminating with Pam Victor. There’s a wealth of information to be had, on a load of different topics, and I thank all the wonderful guests who gave their time.
Bring a Brick series 3 will be coming soon, after a short spring break.
- Paul Z. Jackson is one of the founders of Applied Improvisation Network, we talked about his work and digressed on the topic of improvisation on television.
- Mary T. Curtis works in behavioural health, coaching people with issues such as stress and anxiety and the YES AND, accepting and building in therapy.
- Neil Mullarkey didn’t need any introduction. We chatted about the business of improv, story structure, character comedy and how to bring improv into a training session by giving examples. Loads in this one.
- Adam St John Lawrence is a Customer experience consultant, who uses improv to generate ideas, break them and get better questions. Loads of great content here about understanding the world you’re selling to.
- Dan Starkey is an actor appearing in television series such as Doctor Who, and insode No.9. We chat about how a foundation of improv can help an actor approach a role.
- Cathy Salit is CEO of Performance of a Lifetime. Among the many thinks we talk about, Cathy explains her view on ‘performative psychology’ and how everything we do – our life – can be seen as a performance.
- Paul Goddard is a coach in agile development and certified Scrum trainer. We touch on the geographical differences in recognition of improv in the US and UK and how improvisation can be applied to agile development
- Finally I interviewed Pam Victor on her ‘Zen of Improv’. Her mission it is to make the world a happier place through improv.
If you’re a profession who uses applied improvisation in the work you do, I want to hear from you. Email the show at email@example.com
- Comedysportz World Championship 2017 in San Jose
- The Applied improvisation conference 2017
- The Liverpool 8th Annual Improvathon
- Rocketsteps training